As fellow New Englanders, we here at Gurney’s Automotive know how rough our winters can be on our vehicles – especially on our tires. When Old Man Winter rears his frosty head, it’s important to make sure you have the right tires in NH in order to ensure the safety of you and your fellow passengers. The roads can get pretty dicey out there. Everything from snow to black ice to slush and everything in between can make for exceptionally dangerous driving conditions but, working with Gurney’s, you can rest assured that we’ll find you the safest tires in NH at an affordable price.
For our current and potential customers, we’d like to drive this point home by sharing ten benefits that winter tires give drivers when the temperature drops and the snow rises.
- Stopping power – With the right winter tires, drivers can see their vehicle’s stopping distance decrease up to 30%-40%, which can mean the difference between life and death.
- Soft rubber even in low temperatures – Tires grip the road by conforming to small imperfections in the pavement so need to be fairly soft. Winter tires will remain soft in even freezing temperatures.
- Better performance – Winter tires provide traction that can be up to 15% more effective than standard dealer tires.
- Slices through snow and ice – Because winter tires are more narrow than all-season tires, they can more easily cut through snow; reducing the chance of hydroplaning.
- Designed to divert water – Winter tires are designed with special grooves that force problematic water away from your vehicle; giving you added traction on the road.
- Easier to stop or turn – Your vehicle’s ability to effectively stop and turn is determined by your tires’ traction, not whether you have four wheel drive or not.
- Protected against black ice – Good winter tires in NH have the ability to grip onto the minute imperfections of black ice and decrease the likelihood that you’ll get into an accident.
- Improved technology – The science behind winter tires has grown exponentially in the last few decades and breakthroughs are constantly being discovered, so you can rest assured that your tires have been designed with the latest industry innovations.
- A smooth ride – Winter tires used to have aggressively deep treads designed to push through snow. This made for an incredible bumpy and noisy ride. Today’s winter tires are built to push water away with shallower treads; making for a much smoother ride.
- High quality design – High quality rubber compounds and innovative, tested tread designs are what determine a tire’s all around grip capability.
If you’re interested in high quality, affordable tires in NH, contact us at:
Nashua – 603-886-5800
Milford – 603-249-5552