When it’s time for your brake service, choose an honest, reliable auto shop that will treat you right! At Gurney’s Automotive Repair, we’re dedicated to providing the best customer service and auto care in the Milford area. We treat our customers the way we’d like to be treated and their cars like our own. Our technicians and service advisors are ASE-certified, so you can feel confident that you’re receiving skilled, knowledgeable advice. We’re not just a brake repair shop though. We offer every service you need to keep your car safe and reliable. Whether you need factory maintenance, tires, or a repair, you can trust our team to maximize your car’s dependability and protect your investment. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Many drivers don’t tend to think about getting brake service until there’s a problem, but the brake system should be checked out on a regular schedule. This allows us to catch small issues before they cause an accident or need for repair. Components like brake pads and rotors wear down over time, and it’s best to replace them proactively. You can check your owner’s manual to find out how often yours should be serviced or contact our service advisors.
How To Tell When You Need Brake Service
Some signs it may be time for a brake service include:
- Grinding noise – This is likely one of the first signs you’ll notice when your brakes are having a problem. You may hear a grinding, squealing or howling noise when you’re pushing down on the brake to come to a stop.
- Spongy or soft brakes – You notice you have to press your brake pedal all the way down to the floor to get the brakes to respond.
- Vibrations – Odd vibrations can be a sign of many automotive issues, but if it happens while you brake it’s likely due to warped brake rotors.
- Pulling – When you hit the brakes, your car should stay straight. Pulling to the left or right is a sign there’s an issue with your brake system.
- ABS light is on – If you see the antilock brake system (ABS) light, it means your car’s sensors detect a problem in the brake system.
Anytime you believe you may have a brake problem, it’s important to get your system checked out as soon as possible. Not only could it be a safety issue, but letting an issue go on for too long can cause damage to the system’s components. We service all makes and models, including imports, domestics, hybrids, and diesels. If you’ve been searching for a brake repair shop in Milford, give us a call at 603-249-5552 or request your appointment online.