Job Title: Professional Technician
Reports To: Shop Foreman
- Repair customer vehicles accurately and timely
- Provide excellent customer service in line with our Brand
- Protect our Brand and our company culture
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow technician SOP document
- Follow vehicle check over SOP document
- Address customer concerns
- Assess vehicle condition and give full report
- Convey to service advisor what is needed and what parts are required
- Convey to service advisor non routine task that will be required
- Convey to service advisor challenges that arrive during the job process
- Have post repair inspection completed by another technician.
- Road test and quality control that the job has been completed
- Maintain high level of quality in workmanship and customer service
- Contribute to the positive, upbeat and encouraging culture of Gurney’s Automotive Repair. Respect your coworker
- Take note of things that need to be addressed and communicate them to the shop foreman.
- Report on maintenance or repairs needed on shop equipment
- Maintain clean and neat work area
- Must meet minimum levels of performance
- Maintain technical training & update yearly
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Technical college helpful but not required
- ASE certification @ the master tech level with L1 certification preferred
- Good people skills, dealing with other employees and with customers.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50lbs, with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects up to 25lbs. pushing, pulling, and bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. This list is not all inclusive